Do you enjoy working with children and youth and being in the outdoors? If you said yes, we are looking for volunteers to support our year round programs.
Why volunteer with us? We offer unique land-based mentoring experiences that allows a deepening of naturalist skills and wilderness awareness with our experienced staff. Nature’s Backpack is committed in building reciprocol relationships with the land and those that inhabit it.
Duties and Responsibilities
- assist in providing postiive learning and recreational experiences for children ages 3-16 and their families
- assist in supervision of activities
- assist with program set up and delivery
- be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- be available for at least one program once/week September – June
- be 16+ as of December 2021
- enthusiastic, outgoing and flexible
- have experience working with children
- good communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- identify with our mission and values
- desire to grow in experience and knowledge
- Police Check for youth vulnerable sector